Saturday, May 3, 2008

A penny saved is a penny spent



Wow, three posts in one week. I've just got to give myself a quick pat on the back. Ok.


So, last night we had a very fun family date. We have been collecting our coins for about 6 months now and we decided we would turn them in and base our dinner plans on how much money we had. It was a full mason jar, not a giant one. So we placed our bets. Seth guessed $30 and I guessed $45. So we went to Raley's and used their CoinStar machine and how much money do you think we had? We had $95. Holy Cow! I wasn't planning on it being that much. Well, CoinStar takes 8 cents for every dollar, so we ended up with $87. So we went big and went to Claim Jumper. We got an appetizer and Seth got a Rib Eye steak, I got Tri Tip and the kids got Mini Burgers. We even had money for our dessert. We stuffed ourselves silly, but had a blast doing it. I think we will make this a twice a year event. What did our total come to including tip you ask? We spent almost all of our money except for $2. Our total, with a generous tip was $85.00. I think we planned it just right, don't you.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun thing to do. I save my change too and am thrilled even when it's $5 because it's like found money. You've got to do something fun with it! And OH BOY does Claim Jumper sound good.

Matt said...

That's so cool. I need to start paying for stuff in cash so I have change. What a fun evening you guys had.

Kendra said...

MMM Claim Jumper does sound fun and delicious! I love change!!