skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Family Weekends
We started a
new tradition in our family and it is to go somewhere semi local on the
weekend and spend time together as a family. We first went to South Lake Tahoe and took my sister Katie along for the ride. I, of course, forgot the camera. We played on the beach, went window shopping and ate at the delicious Forrest Buffet at Harrah's. We went to Foresthill the next weekend and took pictures by the bridge. It was so smoky, barely anything turned out. Then we went to Vacaville. We were going to go to San Francisco, but there was too much traffic. So we went to the Nut Tree and got ripped off on some of the rides. Once again, no camera. But this weekend we went to Griffiths Quarry in Penryn. It is an old granite quarry. It has hiking trails that we enjoyed. We ate a picnic lunch and explored the quarry a bit. I used to go there when I was youn
ger
and go in the cave, but we didn't have a flash light, and taking the kids down there would have been very difficult. These pictures are from Griffith's Quarry. It is really pretty there. I love our new tradition. It is so much fun to be with my family, albeit, Scarlett asks when we are going to get there the entire time and sometimes we just don't know where we are going, so we don't know. The babies won't remember any of these, but hopefully we will keep up the tradition and make some wonderful family memories and, if I remember the camera, take some great photos to remind us of our adventures.
1 comment:
this looks like a fun place, we've never been there. we moved to san luis obispo area so we'll be missinf the mountains, but we do have plenty of beaches to explore.
Post a Comment