Thursday, February 7, 2008

Another Labor and Delivery Trip

So, Monday I was having contractions on and off, but nothing painful or often enough to time. About 8:30 that all changed. They were coming about every 7 minutes and were slightly painful. So I layed down and drank a ton of water. They wouldn't go away. So I woke up Seth at 11:00 pm and said we better head to the hospital. By the time we got there I was contractin ever 2-5 minutes and they were really painful. Seth took the kids to my moms and then returned to the hospital. The have me terbutiline to stop the contractions, but it made my heart race and feel really nasty. They also gave me Vistaril to calm me down, I didn't think I needed it, but whatever. I also got a lovely steroid shot in my right cheek to help mature my babies lungs. Luckily, they got the contractions to calm down. I passed my FFN test which means I only have a 1% chance of going into actual labor in the next 2 weeks, and I had no change in my cervix. I am still 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. I now get to take Procardia every 6 hours to stop contractions, which has helped, but if I wait 6 and a half hours, I get them again. I am 30 weeks today an my Dr says if I keep this little ones in for atleast 2 more weeks they will be in excellent health, especially because they are now maturing their lungs with the steroid shots. I am still not on full bed rest, just modified. I am hoping to make it to 35 so I can deliver at Sutter Roseville instead of Sutter Memorial. I just keep reminding myself that every day is one more day they have to grow and mature and when that day turns into 7, it is so much better. So, I'm just asking you al to keep my babies in your prayers an encourage them to stay in there for atleast 5 more weeks.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. It sounds rough being pregnant. I don't know how you do it. So does this mean you are going to be 1cm dilated for 5 weeks?! Crazy.

Karin Hopkins said...

I hope you make it at least a couple more weeks. 37 weeks would be nice (from experience I liked Sutter Roseville much better than Memorial).

Anonymous said...

I love the preggo belly

Kendra said...

My comment disappeared!! Okay here I go again! I will keep praying for you and those babies! Just keep taking it easy and they will grow and be healthy. Have you thought of names yet?? Love you Celeste and keep up the good work (you know like keeping the babies in your belly for now and stuff)

Anonymous said...

I am thinking about you guys!

Huhtala Family said...

Now, I'm assuming the cheek you got the shot in was NOT on your face. I mean the things we go through to have babies would make the toughest of men beg for mercy! Hang in there! I'll call you tomorrow!