Monday, March 9, 2009

Maxon and Zane turn one!


Maxon and Zane had their 1st birthdays, Sunday March 1st, but we had their party on the 7th. It was a lot of fun and we really couldn't have asked for a more gorgeous day. I decided I would do a taco bar because it was easy, cheap, and fun. I made some carnitas in the crock pot and some spicy ground beef, and my sister Katie made some yummy shredded chicken. We had some salads too and really good salsa that Lindsey made. The food all was terrific. Then we let the babies open their presents and thankfully they got mostly clothes. They were in need of clothes. Don't worry, they got some toys too. After presents it was cake time. I made the babies these really cute rainbow cakes. I thought they were so cute, I made one for everyone else to eat too. The babies loved the cakes. Especially Zane, he couldn't eat it fast enough and chose to just shove his whole face into it. Clean up was a little hard and we are still cleaning colorful snot, but they enjoyed it and it made for a great video that you can see here...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKMcJubYk3Q It was a great day and we were so happy for the ones that got to enjoy it with us, and hope the others feel like they were there from the videos and pictures.

2 comments:

The Hunt Family said...

What cuties. I can't believe they are 1 already. Crazy! Nice Cake by the way! Isn't it fun?

Kendra said...

I can't believe they are already 1! I can't even wait to see them!! I love that he stuck his face in the cake, that is so awesome! I am glad you guys had a fun party for them. Also I am pretty sure we are coming in May!! Yeah!!!