I decided to try my hand at making a cool cake for Abram. If you know Abram, you know he is obsessed wi
th Legos, so I looked online and found a cute idea for a Lego cake. I made mine a little fancier though. I did two "legos" stacked on top of each other, rather than just one plain Lego. I worked my but off on that cake and was really proud of it, except for the frosting job was less than perfect, but it was for a 5 year old, so it was for sure good enough. I wanted Seth to bring it over to my parents house before the party because I had a bunch of errands to run and I didn't want it getting too hot in the car....well, it still did. I guess on the way over, it got a little too warm and the stop slid off into the seat of Seth's truck. It looked horrible and I cried. It was pitiful, I know, but I had worked so hard on it and to see it all wrecked was really heartbreaking. Seth, being the wonderful husband that he is, fixed it to the best of his ability and it still was able to look decent on one side.
th Legos, so I looked online and found a cute idea for a Lego cake. I made mine a little fancier though. I did two "legos" stacked on top of each other, rather than just one plain Lego. I worked my but off on that cake and was really proud of it, except for the frosting job was less than perfect, but it was for a 5 year old, so it was for sure good enough. I wanted Seth to bring it over to my parents house before the party because I had a bunch of errands to run and I didn't want it getting too hot in the car....well, it still did. I guess on the way over, it got a little too warm and the stop slid off into the seat of Seth's truck. It looked horrible and I cried. It was pitiful, I know, but I had worked so hard on it and to see it all wrecked was really heartbreaking. Seth, being the wonderful husband that he is, fixed it to the best of his ability and it still was able to look decent on one side. 
My sister Lindsey and I decided we wanted this to be the best party ever, so we rented a huge bounce house/water slide for the kids and a snow cone maker and hot dog cooker from Paradise Party Rentals. The snow cone maker was brand new, so we decided to test it out before everyone got there. It worked perfectly and my brother Ben decided to have the first snow cone, in his hands....he grabbed the bright red syrup bottle and poured the syrup on his hands, dangerously close to me. I felt something sticky on my foot and looked down and saw my cute light yellow dress covered in snow cone syrup. Ugh! I was so mad. What else was going to go wrong. Thankfully
my sister Katie had some stuff for me to where, so I changed and then got back to finish setting up the party. When people arrived, it was so much fun and made up for a
ll the hiccups before the party. I had planned on playing some games, but the kids had too much fun in the bounce house, so we just decided to stay doing that. My wonderfully artistic grandma, Mimi, did face painting too and did such an amazing job. I wish I had more pictures of it, but my grandpa does, so maybe I will post later. I think everyone had a great time. I know I did, especially after the twins went to bed, so I could stop chasing them everywhere. Abram had such a blast and I was so happy to see him having such a good time.
ll the hiccups before the party. I had planned on playing some games, but the kids had too much fun in the bounce house, so we just decided to stay doing that. My wonderfully artistic grandma, Mimi, did face painting too and did such an amazing job. I wish I had more pictures of it, but my grandpa does, so maybe I will post later. I think everyone had a great time. I know I did, especially after the twins went to bed, so I could stop chasing them everywhere. Abram had such a blast and I was so happy to see him having such a good time. After most of the little kids left and it got dark, the big kids (my siblings and some friends) decided to play german spotlight. It was so much fun. I was really proud of Scarlett because not only was she an excellent seeker, she was also a great hider and never got scared of being in the dark by herself. After we got tired of German Spotlight, the kids went inside and the adults decided to play a game of What If on the trampoline. It was a little difficult to read and write by cell phone light, or the occasional shared flash light, but we made it work and had so much fun, maybe a little too much fun. We decided to call it quits around 11:00 at night, but it really was such a great party.
I can't believe my little boy is 5 now. I don't even want to think about it because it makes my eyes water. I love him so much and too see him growing up into the amazing little man he is makes me really proud. I am so glad so many great friends and family were able to come to the party. We had a great mix and I hope a good time was had by all.
1 comment:
looks/sounds like an awesome party! so sad we missed it... we almost could have been there on our way back from oregon. happy birthday to YOU too! loves! miss you guys.
Post a Comment