Friday, July 17, 2009

I can do this!

My weight has gotten out of hand lately. I felt like I was spiralling out of control and had no idea how to fix it. I thought I was eating healthy, but didn't realize how out of control my portions were. I think I have a grip on things now and know that I can do this. I started the Flat Belly Diet on Monday. I heard about it through a few friends who are having great results. I thought, what the heck, I have nothing to lose, might as well try it. So I did. The first 4 days are a flat belly jump start. It was really hard the first day to get used to so little food after I was eating like I was still pregnant with twins. For the first four days you only eat 1200 calories a day. Thank goodness I am past that and now on day 5, up to 1600 calories a day. The food is good, easy to make, and filling, after the initial shock of getting used to it. I am very proud to say I lost 3 lbs in the first 4 days. I know it's not much, but it has been a really long time since I saw the scale actually go down. I am using this week to get used to the new diet and then next week I plan on adding in running, at least 5 days a week. After that, I will add in some form of strength training too. I would love to lose 10% of my body weight by October 20th, Seth and mines 8th anniversary. I am completely motivated and I know I can do this, this time. I just needed a little nudge and some help telling me exactly what to eat to help me out. I hope by this time next year, I will have reached my goal weight and will be happy, healthy, and thin once again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make a Matt proud.