Friday, April 17, 2009

Soggy Cereal

Will I ever be able to finish a bowl of cereal before it becomes too soggy to eat? I avoid cereal at all costs for this specific purpose. I will pour myself a bowl and then so many things happen that take away from my cereal enjoyance (I know that is not a word, but this is my blog, so I can make things up). This morning I thought...Scarlett is already off to school, the babies are playing nicely, and Abram is watching Lazy Town, I am going to have a bowl of cereal. I pour it, take a few bites and then the babies begin to whine. Nap time....already? So I put them down for naps, sit down and take a few more bites. The phone rings...the dogs got out? Great, I have to go outside and gather them up. Somehow Trigger broke his dog run, so I have to figure out a way to fix that quickly before Seth gets home to fix it better. All done with the dogs. I come back in the house, wash my hands and sit down to finish my cereal, only to see it has turned into a soggy, inedible pile of mush. Yuck....someday cereal, we will enjoy each other again, but that day is not today.

2 comments:

Kendra said...

I feel you on the soggy cereal! You cannot eat it soggy cereal, it is disgusting! My problem with eating anything is that Casen has to eat some too even if he just ate a huge meal. I usually wait until he has gone down for the night and then I eat a bowl of cereal for my bedtime snack.

Matt said...

You should update your blog! :P