Scarlett,
my beautiful five year old daughter, started kindergarten August the 11th. I can't believe the day has come and gone that my little girl started school. She was so excited about it and is already loving school. Her teacher, Mrs. Marazzo, is a young, fun, enthusiastic teacher who seems genuinely excited to be there every day. She is so adorable too, and an identical twin! She loves Scarlett already. Scarlett has already
made very many friends, which is pretty easy for her to do. She is not burdened by shyness by any means.
made very many friends, which is pretty easy for her to do. She is not burdened by shyness by any means. The very first day, we walked to school. She stood in line and then the teacher took all the kids into the class. Scarlett sits on the yo-yo. The teacher had all the parents come in the back and she read a book called The Kissing Hand. It's about a bears first day of sc
hool and the mama bear kisses his hand and tells him it won't rub off and if he ever misses his momma, he can just rub his hand on his cheek and it's like his momma is kissing him. Then all the parents went to their kids and kissed the palms of their hands and we said our good byes and left our bab
ies to join the big kid world of kindergarten.
hool and the mama bear kisses his hand and tells him it won't rub off and if he ever misses his momma, he can just rub his hand on his cheek and it's like his momma is kissing him. Then all the parents went to their kids and kissed the palms of their hands and we said our good byes and left our bab
ies to join the big kid world of kindergarten. I walked out the door, very composed, waved good bye to Scarlett, walked around the corner, and started to cry. I am so happy and yet sad. She is too big now. Gone are the days of her total dependence on me, although she has been little miss independent from day one. Gone are the days of me being her very best friend. 

I knew the day would someday come and it was bittersweet. I miss her when she is at school, but I know she is having a blast. I love our walks home where she tells me everything that happened during the day. I hope she continues to include me in all the details of her life as she grows up. She is so grown up, so much older than her five short years.
6 comments:
Oh my goodness! I can't believe she she is already starting school! They grow up so fast! Such a BIG girl! Congratulations on starting kindergarten Scarlett! Yeah!
It does come all too fast...and before you know it her first year will be over! It goes by just way too fast.
What a big girl! Those pictures are so adorable! I don't think I ever noticed how much her smile is like yours. She looks like you in the picture where she is sitting! It is okay to cry, I cry over Casen growing up every couple of weeks and he isn't even 1 yet! Love you and miss you!!
I can't believe it... She is so cute too! We need to do something soon!
Wow, this actually got to me. I almost had a glimpse of what it would be like to go through my child growing up someday. Very well written
Oh fun for her! She looks so cute and beautiful in her dress with her backpack.
Post a Comment