Saturday, August 2, 2008

Breaking Dawn Hysteria

If you know me, you know my love of the Twilight series. Breaking Dawn, the 4th and final book came out yesterday. Vanessa, Brandi, Sahara, and I decided we would go to the Breaking Dawn release party at Border's Books. We started my first girls night out, since the babies, at Dos Coyotes. We then ventured over to Borders for the party. It started at 9:30 pm Friday night, we got there around 9:45 and were 810-813th in line to get our books. The numbers started at 100, so we had a wait ahead of us.
The night was crazy. They had Twilight Trivia, Twilight Pictionary, a t-shirt contest, a costume contest, and a prize drawing. We didn't win anything, but had so much fun. We also had gave some dirty looks to Team Jacob because seriously, how could you pick him. (You have to read the book to have any idea of what I am talking about.) So midnight rolls around and we are all exhausted. We were told we would probably be there until 2:30 am atleast, so brilliant Brandolyn says we should check Wal Mart. She calls them on her cell phone and they said they had it. So we rush to the car, and drive to Wal Mart and low and behold, they have the prize, and we didn't even have to wait in line. It was a really great night and we all had so much fun. Now, I am off to read the book. I wonder how long it will take me.
On a side note, I dyed the blonde out of my hair, so it's quite a bit darker, and yes Seth has made fun of me for going to a book release party on my first girls night out post twins! Not sure what he would rather have me do, but I totally accept my nerdiness.

5 comments:

The Drinkwater Family said...

I just finished the 1st book, so I have aways to go, but it looks like you guys had fun. I'm sure that I'll get to that one someday.
~Krista

melissa said...

i just got breaking dawn yesterday-now i have to find time to read it! i am dying!

Kendra said...

I just finished the first book also but I think I am hooked. I will be starting New Moon today. Considering it only took me 2 days to read Twilight, I could have the whole series read by the end of the week! I am glad you got a girls night! Are you guys still coming here sometime soon??

Trisha said...

Sounds like a blast to me!

Kendra said...

Okay, I finished the whole series now!! Umm, I think I love Edward!