Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Just another Sunday night hospital trip

I mean, what else do I have to do on Sunday, except go to the hospital. Right? I woke up Sunday morning with really bad back pain, which I have been blessed and haven't had at all this whole pregnancy. It just wouldn't go away, or it would and then come back in full force 10 minutes later. I was trying to relax and finish the last bits of my lesson (I was supposed to teach Relief Society) but it just wouldn't go away, so I finally called my Dr. 20 minutes before I was going to leave for church. She wanted me to come into Labor and Delivery right away. So I quickly called Sis. Szabo on the phone, she could tell I was upset because every time I talked I was crying. She told me not to worry about it. She was in San Fran and would still find a sub for me even though church was in 15 minutes. So I packed a bag for the night, loaded my kids in the car and drove to my parents house, a complete nervous wreck the whole time. Finally I arrived there, dumped the kids on my dad and my mom and I drove to the hospital. Seth was working and I couldn't get a hold of him. I finally did right when we arrived at the hospital, but told him to wait till I called him back to let him know what was going on. So they admitted us and hooked me up to all the monitors, but couldn't find both heart beats so they had to get a Doppler. Luckily they found them though, it's just hard because they are so small and close together. So I was monitored for about 2.5 hours and had a few contractions, but nothing much. So I went back to my parents house to sleep the remainder of the night and the majority of the next morning. I had a Dr.'s appointment at 1:30 the next day and was feeling fabulous. She reassured me that they don't care if I worry too much, it is better than not worrying enough. She wants me to come in anytime I just don't feel right. She said once you start dilating or your water breaks there is nothing they can do, but if you are just contracting there is a lot they can do to stop it. I have to take it easy for the next 2 months because babies born after 28 weeks have an excellent chance of survival.
I promise someday one of these posts will be positive. I apologize to those who went to RS on Sunday if it was lame, and if it was great, it was probably better than what I was going to do anyways.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are always in my prayers and thoughts... please call anytime... to talk or for help. I am here for you!

Huhtala Family said...

You totally did the right thing, I'm glad you went in just to be safe! Next time, call me and we'll get your kids taken care of and get you a ride to the hospital! That's a long ways to drive!