Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Starting a blog!






Hey everyone, I am starting a blog. I know it's the cool thing to do, so I have to fit in, right? Well actually it's just to keep in touch with everyone and update them on our family and my craziness right now. As some of you know, our family is changing in a big, big way. We are expecting twins in April. My actual due date is April 22nd, but with my history of babies coming 2-3 weeks early and it being twins, my doctor is just hoping we make it to April. The twins are identical, which I am excited about. If they weren't going to be a boy and a girl, then I wanted identical. They are monochorionic, diamniotic and the share a placenta. In crazy medical terms they are MZMCDA twins, which is the most common of all the identical. Identical twins pose more of a risk than identical because they can get Fet0-Fetal Transfusion Syndrome, which means one twin is stealing all the nutrients, so I will be seeing the doctor on a very regular basis (probably more than I see my husband right now). I will see my doctor as well as a peri-natalogist. I see him in 2-3 weeks for a 4-d ultrasound so check back to see the cool pictures. I have already had 3 ultrasounds and by the end of everything they estimate I will have about 10 total. A lot, I know. We are a little overwhelmed with our small house and small car and all the things two new babies will need, but I have courage and confidence in myself that if God trusted me with these two precious babies, he must know I can take excellent care of them, so I have to believe that I can too. Thank you everyone who has already helped me out. Even if you didn't know I was pregnant at the time. Hope to update this again soon.

7 comments:

Huhtala Family said...

WHAT???????

I mean where have I been!!! This is HUGE! How embarrassing that your VT didn't know....You will be such an awesome mom but what a life changing experience this is going to be! I'm excited for you guys! Try not to stress and remember that now is not the time to be nice and refuse help....ASK for it even! (and enjoy the quiet moments while they are still here)

P.S. So glad your blogging :)

Kel said...

Wow!!!! Congratulations...double time!! I'm so excited for you guys! I'll definitly keep checking back to hear all about it!!

Karin Hopkins said...

How much fun is that!! I am way excited for you guys! How great to have one pregnancy and get two babies out of it (note: I don't enjoy being pregnant but love the result). I hope all goes well and if your down here with doctors stuff more than give me a call!

Trevor and Kimmie said...

HOLY COW!

Trevor and Kimmie said...

...That's all I can think of for now...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting to hear!

Anonymous said...

I am always so amazed by your faith and conviction. If anyone can be a great mom to these 2 special ones, it is definitely you! I know I'm in Elk Grove but I'm always here if you need me. You're definitely worth the drive up!